Sunday, August 16, 2020

St. George


Our goal for "the summer of Covid" was to have one thing for the kids (and their restless parents) to look forward to every month.  There's been so much we can't do - plays, concerts, shopping - that we've had to work hard to focus on the things we can do.  Side note:  I mean really.  Is it even summer if I can't see Ryan Shupe in concert at an outdoor fair, churro and lemonade in hand?


But we've made do.  Haha.  Our adventure for June was St. George.  Mickey and Dahlia drove down with Kaylene and spent a week being spoiled by Grandma and Scott.




Bike ride to Pine Valley - where I really want to go next time I'm in Southern Utah.  Don't these pictures look awesome?  This is also where Mickey fell in love with motorized bikes.  He put over 100 miles on Kaylene's bike the rest of the week, riding around looking at luxury homes in St. George.









My little slice of heaven in St. George is the hammock by the pool, with a book, the umbrella, and the water misters going, of course.  


Although, new puppy Zeus had other plans for anyone who tried to sit down outside.  Seriously, this dog has more energy than any toddler - and he is HUGE.  I kind of wish I had video of me trying to read by the pool and Zeus trying to kill me.  We would have gone viral.


Mickey and Dahlia spent most of their week in the pool  Dahlia especially is a little fish.  She had no trouble talking her Dad into swimming with her when Jason and I arrived for the weekend.


We also went on the best hike - and by hike I mean 5 minute walk to some amazing slot canyons.  This is my kind of hiking (especially in 100+ degree heat) - minimal effort with maximum views.    Mickey calls the pictures we took on this adventure our "M&M pictures."  I don't see it.


 

This last picture was a perfect Father's Day tribute for Jason, our fearless leader.  We drove home on Sunday.  I was afraid we might have to drag Mickey from Grandma's house kicking and screaming.  You can see why the kids love it down there.  Not pictured is Grandma bringing them soda and a snack while they were swimming in the pool.  They don't get that kind of service anywhere else, I can tell you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment